Dr. D.Y. Patil University's
Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre
DR. AMARJIT SINGH, DEAN
* Awarded Dr Berry's award for the best research paper in Annual Congress of Association of Physicians (APICON).
* Awarded E. Merck's award in APICON.
* Awarded 'Best Original
Article' award in Medical Journal Armed Forces India for the paper entitled "Sonography: A valuable modality in evaluation of chronic non-traumatic disorders of the Shoulder Joint."
* Conferred Fellowship of Indian College of Radiology and Imaging (FICRI).
* Elected Fellow International Medical Sciences Academy (FIMSA).
* Fellow Indian Doctors for Peace & Development (FIDPD).
DEPARTMENT OF BIOCHEMISTRY
* Effect of oral contraceptives on serum ceruloplasmin levels. Adjudged as best paper in the Annual Conference of Research Society of B.J. Medical College , Pune.
duality in the roles of reactive oxygen species with respect to bone metabolism" Dr. C. Sitadevi award for young Scientists, ACBI, held in AFMC; December 1
* Dr A N Sontakke Selected as one of the Biographees for 19th
Edition Who's Who in the World 2002 (for individual achievements) by Marquis publication, US.
DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACOLOGY
Achievement by faculty:
* Dr P.S. Worlikar, has been appointed on the Review Committee of Indian Journal of Pharmacology.
Achievement by P.G.Student:
* Three post graduate residents of this department Dr Major. Jeetendra Singh, Dr Abhijit Bondekar, Dr. Sandeep Jagtap attended the Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacology Society at All India
Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in the month of December 2008.Dr Jeetendra Singh chief resident participated in the questions answer session for the audience and bagged three prizes for the question asked by the quiz
master. A special prize, AIIMS Tie was presented to Dr.Jeetendra Singh for answering a question which nobody from the audience could answer. It was based on recent advances in the treatment of AIDS.
DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY
Dr. (Mrs.) V. Y. Sharma:
* Honored by Pune forum of Clinical Microbiologist for notable contribution in Microbiology Jan. 2006.
DEPARTMENT OF PSM
Dr. A. Banerjee:
1. Awarded Chief of Army Staff Gold Medal for the best paper titled, "Emerging trends in Information Technology and its effects on Command style
and military organizations" for the year 1996-97, while serving as instructor at Officers Training School, AMC Centre and School Lucknow.
2. Awarded the Sr Col Comdt and DGAFMS award 2003 for the best paper titled
"Tribal malaria and its effects on AF Station Amla and surrounding areas: an epidemiological study."
3. Awarded best published paper award in Feb 2006 at the Armed Forces Medical Research Conference at AFMC Pune for
paper titled "Outbreak of Viral Hepatitis E among military recruits".
4. Awarded the Dr G C Boral Award for the best published paper in Industrial Psychiatry in April 2007.
5. Awarded the Sr Col Comdt and DGAFMS
award 2007 for the best paper titled "Malaria on the move ecological considerations for the armed forces." at AFMC in Feb 2008.
6. Awarded the best and most popular teacher award on 05 Sep 2008 at the Pad D Y Patil
Medical College, Pune.
Dr. P. A. Bhuyar:
1. Awarded gold medal for standing 1st in the all India PGDHHM (IGNOU) in 2006
DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE
Dr. A. L. Kakrani:
1. Member, Ethical Committee on Human Research, for National Institute of Virology, Pune, Indian Council of Medical Research,
Govt. of India.
2. Member, Technical Resource Group (TRG) for National AIDS Control Origination Ministry of Health & Family welfare new Delhi Government of India on Anti Retroviral Therapy (ART)
DEPARTMENT OF PAEDIATRIC
1. Received IAP award for Teen's day celebration 1st Aug. 2008
2. Started Adolescent OPD the 1st of its kind in PCMC area.
Achievements of faculty:
Dr. S. R. Agarkhedkar:
1. Best Teacher Award, Dr. D.Y. Patil University, 2007-08
2. ICH-GCP -Trained organized by (WHO) 2008
3. Elected as Vice president of IMA - Pune Branch 2008-09
4. Organizing secretary of GP-CON IMA Conference 2008
5. Received Best teacher Award for Clinical Research Course conducted by University of Pune 2008
6. Site Investigator of multi-centric WHO Polio Vaccine trial Aug. 2008 to Jan 09
7. Invited as faculty & Judge for 1st Asian & 2nd Medical students Research Conference Feb. 2008
8. Invited as faculty & Judge for poster presentation at Mahapedicon 2008
9. Member of Education Cell - Maharashtra IMA
10. Member of Board of studies - Prawara Medical Institute, Loni.
11. Selected as Inspector for National Board of Examinations.
12. Invited as Guest Speaker - 'Keynote address on Vaccinology' at Reliance Institute of Clinical Research.
Dr. Mrs. G. R. Karambelkar:
1. Invited as Faculty & judge at 1st Asian & 2nd Medical Students Research Conference. - Feb. 2008.
2. Trained in ICH-GCP guidelines conducted by WHO 2008
3. Received Best teacher award - Dr. D. Y. Patil University, Pune 2008.
4. Study Co-ordinator for multi-centric WHO Polio Trial. Aug. 2008 to Jan. 09
5. Faculty for IMNCI TOT workshop at DYPMC 2008
6. Treasurer BPNI, Pune branch.
7. Invited as Faculty & convener for a session at National Seminar on Women's Health, Pune.
8. Resource person for IMNCI, HIV& IYCF
Dr. Pramod Jog:
1. Chaired a session at Mahapedicon 2008.
2. Convener for IMNCI TOT workshop at DYPMC 2008
Dr. Mrs. Neelam S. Deshpande:
1. Participated as training faculty in Infant and young child feeding (IYCF)
Workshop conducted as DYPMC in month of March 2008
2. District coordinator for BPNI
3. Resource Person for RCH Programme
4. Chaired one scientific session in conference of Deccan Association of pediatric 2008
5. Appointed as consultant to establish adolescent Clinics in PCMC Hospital under RCH project.
Dr. Mrs. Vinita Pande:
1. Presented a case report poster on Gaucher's disease at Mahapedicon at Mahabaleshwar Nov. 2008.
2. Invited as convener for a session at National Seminar on Women's Health
3. Co-ordinator for divisional round of 21st IAP Quiz 2008
4. Invited as faculty for IMNCI TOT Workshop at DYPMC 2008.
5. Resource person for IMNCI, HIV, IYCF.
6. Resource person for MET
Dr Devakinandan Karwa:
1. Member Board of Studies, Dr. D.Y. Patil University.
2. Faculty at Deccan Ped. Asso. Conference
3. Completed M.E.T. course; IMNCI
4. Resource person for imparting training in IMNCI
5. Organizing secretary for 1st All India Satellite Con. Of IAP
6. Co-coordinator for Course in Clinical Genetics. D.Y.Patil Med. College.
7. Invited as faculty at Annual Conference of Deccan Association of Pediatrics - Karad.
8. Invited as chairman for National Seminar on Women's Health.
9. Organizing secretary for Seminar on Learning Disability for School Teacher.
10. Invited as faculty for IMNCI TOT workshop at DYPMC.
Dr. Sanjay Chavan:
1. Faculty for IMNCI, Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College Pune 2008
2. Trained in Medical Education Technology.
3. Resource person for IYCF
4. Completed TOT training in IMNCI, AFMC, Pune
5. Attended RNTCP workshop at DYPMC.
Dr. Mrs. Renuka Jadhav:
1. Resource person for IYCF counseling 2008
2. Invited as faculty for IMNCI workshop at Pediatric at DYPMC. 2008
3. Presented a case report poster on Gaucheri disease at Mahapedicon in mahabaleshwar Nov. 2008.
4. Attended the MET cell workshop on communication skill at Pediatric DYPMC.2008
Dr. Shailaja Mane:
Successfully completed the course of Nutrition & Health advisor taken by Nutrilite Health Institute , California, June 2008
2. Invited as Faculty- National Women's Conference, Pune Jan-2008
3. Study Co-ordinator for multi-centric WHO Polio Trial. 2008
4. Completed ICH-GCH course organized by WHO. 2008
5. Attended contact course of adolescent Health (10th July to 19th July 08)
6. Study co-ordinator for multi- centric WHO Polio Trial Aug. 2008-Jan. 09
7. Pursuining postgraduate Diploma in Adolescent pediatric
Dr. Mrs. Sampada Tambolkar:
1. Chief organizing Secretary & Faculty- National Women's Conference, Pune Jan-2008
2. Elected as Joint Secretary of Indian Academy of Paediatrics Pune Branch for year 2008-2009
3. Selected as Resource person, Advisor,
consultant, Faculty on the matters related to Environment & Child Health.
4. Study Co-ordinator for multi-centric WHO Polio Trial. Aug, 2008 to Jan. 09
5. Completed ICH-GCH course organized by WHO. 2008
6. Resource person for IMNCI workshop & IYCF
7. Received the best paper award at National Seminar on Women Health.
8. Invited as Guest Speaker of All Indian Medical Officers Conference at Tilak Ayurved College organized
by Ayush Health on Pediatric.
9. Elected as Incharge for Pune division (Western Maharashtra) unit of Shakti, Women's unit of Vijnana Bharti.
10. Invited as faculty for IMNCI workshop at Pediatric at DYPMC. 2008
Dr. R. P. Karambelkar:
1. Trained in TOT IMNCI, DYPMC 2008
DEPARTMENT OF SKIN & VD
Dr. Y. K. Sharma:
* Awarded Visisht Seva Medal on behalf of President of India for distinguished services on 15th January 2009 during Southern
Command Investiture Ceremony at Gandhinagar.
Dr. K. Dash:
* Judge for poster exhibits during DERMACON 2009 (37th National Conference of Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology during January
6-10, 2009 at Banglore.
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHIATRY
Dr. Neha Pande:
* Certificate of merit awarded by the Government of Maharashtra in 2005 for her contribution in mental health services and disaster management.
Dr. D. Saldanha:
1. Selected as a member of National Disaster Management Authority, Government of India, New Delhi from 2007-2010. Attended International Conference of Shizophrenia "Where do we go from
here?" held at Ivercargl, New Zealand from 9th -12th May, 2010.
2. President elected of Industrial Psychiatry Association. Vice President elected of Somatic Inkblot Soceity (International) and is Consultant Editor of
Somatic Inkblot Society - International Journal of Projective Psychology.
3. Has also received The Marfatia Award for Research in 2009 and Col. Kirpal Singh Award in 2010 by the Indian Psychiatry Society.
4. Has also won the West Zone Golfing Doctors Championship in 2010.
Dr. S. G. Mehta:
* He has been elected to the post of "Representative - Western Zone" by the Annual General Body of the Association of
Industrial Psychiatry of India. With this election, he will be one of the members of the Board of Directors of A. I. P. I.
Dr. (Brig.) D. Saldanha:
* Dr. (Brig.) D. Saldanha, Professor of Psychiatry, received Col.
Kirpal Singh Award 2010 for the award winning paper "Cognitive deficits due to thermal stress : an exploratory study on Indian soldiers in deserts" at theAnnual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society (ANCIPS
2011) held at New Delhi from 16th January to 20th January 2011.
* Guest Lecture delivered:
i) Dr. D. Saldanha, Professor of Psychiatry, delivered a guest lecture on "Stress and its Management - Nursing Perspective"
at CME organized by Command Hospital (NC) on Management and Role of the Nurses in Stress related Psychiatric Disorders from 08-15 Nov 2010.
ii) Dr. A. Javadekar, Professor of Psychiatry, delivered a guest lecture on
PremaritalCounseling in a workshoporganized by Rohini Matrimonial Bureau at Pune on 19 Dec 2010
DEPARTMENT OF SURGERY
Dr. (Brig.) Gurjit Singh:
1. Appointed Member of General Council of the National Institute of Rehabilitation Training & Research
(NIRTAR) Cuttack by Govt. of India, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment with effect from 1st March 06.
2. BEST TEACHER AWARD (Sept 2007) Awarded the "Best Teacher Award" by Dr. D. Y. Patil University &
Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, for the year 2006-2007.
Dr. S. P. Dubhashi:
1. S. B. GADGIL AND N. W. JOSHI SCHOLARSHIPS (1995) : for securing highest marks in Anatomy at First MBBS Pune University
Examination (Nov 1994).
2. HARSHAVARDHAN AWARD: (Jan 1999) Best paper in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Category : "Hazards of Tobacco Consumption on Oral cavity" (Silver Jubilee Conference of Research Society of B. J.
Medical College, Pune)
3. OUTSTANDING PAPER AWARD : (Nov 2001) "Role of Posterior Sagittal Anorectoplasty in the Management of Congenital Anorectal Anomalies " (XIV Asia Pacific Federation Congress in association with
47th Conference of Indian Section held at Hyderabad) - Awarded at the hands of Prof. S. Vittal, President ICS - IS at 48th Annual Conference of ICS - IS, held at Ranchi.
4. DR. JEJURIKAR AWARD (Jan 2002) Best Paper in Surgery :
- "Pros and Cons of Laparscopic Inguinal Hernioplasty" (28th Annual Research Society Conference of B. J. Medical College, Pune)
5. CERTIFICATE OF MERIT (Feb 2002) Awarded by Maharashtra chapter of Association of
Surgeons of India for presenting a Paper in the Best Paper Session at MASICON 2002 held at Nashik.
6. CERTIFICATE OF MERIT (Oct. 2002) Awarded by Maharashtra chapter of Association of Surgeons of India for winning First Prize at
All Maharashtra Intercollegiate Quiz Competition for Postgraduates held at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.
7. OUTSTANDING PAPER AWARD (Sept. 2003) "Posterior Sagittal Rectopexy for Rectal Prolapse in Paediatric
Patients" (49th Annual Conference of International College of Surgeons held at Chennai) - Awarded at the hands of Dr. Raymond Dieter, President World Body - ICS (Chicago) at New Delhi.
8. BEST POSTER AWARD (Oct 2003)
"Syndromic Approach to Opportunistic Infections" (30th Annual Research Society Conference of B. J. Medical College Pune)
9. CERTIFICATE OF MERIT AND MEDAL (Feb. 2005) Awarded by the Hon. Vice Chancellor, Dr. D. Y.
Patil University, Pune in appreciation of the honour brought to Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Pune, on account of various presentations at National and International forums & the awards won.
10. CMCL - FAIMER
FELLOWSHIP 2006 - Awarded the CMCL - FAIMER Fellowship 2006 (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research, Philadelphia, USA)
11. BEST POSTER AWARD (Feb 2006) "Hello Cadaver" (32nd Annual
Research Society Conference of B.J. Medical College, Pune)
12. CERTIFICATE OF MERIT (Feb 2006) Awarded by Hon. Vice Chancellor, Dr. D. Y. Patil University, Pune in appreciation of presentation of paper at the 10th Congress of
Asian Federation of Coloproctology, held at Singapore.
13. DR. ARJUN SEHGAL AWARD (Oct 2006) Selected by International College of Surgeons for Dr. Arjun Sehgal Best Poster Presentation Award for the poster "Foreign Bodies
in Gastrointestinal Tract" presented at the 52nd Annual Conference of International College of Surgeons, held at Goa (Oct 2006) - Awarded at the hands of Prof. Hari Gautam, Ex - Chairman, UGC, at the 53rd Annual Conference of
ICS - IS, held at Agra.
14. BEST TEACHER AWARD (Sept 2007) Awarded the "Best Teacher Award" by Dr. D. Y. Patil University & Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, for the year 2006-2007.
15. DR. ARJUN
SEHGAL AWARD (Oct 2007) Selected by International College of Surgeons for Dr. Arjun Sehgal Best Poster Presentation Award for the poster on "Gossypiboma" presented at the 53rd Annual Conference of ICS - IS, held at Agra
16. Dr. K. C. Gharpure Fellowship (Jan. 2009) : Selected by Maharashtra Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India for the prestigious Dr. K. C. Gharpure Fellowship for the year 2009.
Dr. Pragnesh Bharpoda:
* Awarded first prize in Poster Competition at MASICON 2008 at Kolhapur (Feb 2008) - Honey as a Wound Dressing
Dr. Rupani Zulfikar:
* Awarded Second prize in Poster Competition at
MASICON 2008 at Kolhapur (Feb 08) Preureteral Vena cava / retrocaval ureter:a case report
DEPARTMENT OF ORTHOPAEDICS
Dr. (Col.) S.K. Biswas:
1. Chaired a session of Guest Lecture by International Faculty (Prof. Holtz from Germany) on Fractures of Calcaneum in
MOACON - 2007 (Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association Conference) held at Amravati, Maharashtra
2. Was awarded the "Best Teacher Award" by Dr. D.Y. Patil University in 2008
3. Was the Chief Judge for Poster Competition
in MOACON - 2008 (Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association Conference) held at Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra
Dr. Gajendra Singh:
* Was awarded a place in Limca Book of Records for his work on "Total Hip Arthroplasty /
Hemiarthroplasty through minimally invasive (5 Cm) incision" which is a first in the world and has been cited in many newspapers
Dr. Satish Sonar:
* Was awarded the "Yang Orthopaedic Award by Ashwin Medical Foundation" in 2007
DEPARTMENT OF OPHTHALMOLOGY
Dr (Col) R P Gupta:
1. Received NSPB - India award for 2004 on 10 Dec 2004. At the Annual Conference of National Society for Prevention of
2. Received Sahebram Satywati Madan award on 31 Mar 2004 from Poona Ophthalmological Society.
3. DNB inspector (Ophthalmology) at Gandhi Eye Hospital Aligarh in May 2005.
4. DNB inspector (Ophthalmology) at Sadguru Chikitsa Nethralaya, Chitrakoot 2007.
5. He chaired as Judge for poster session at All India Ophthalmic Conference 2008 at Bangalore.
Dr Kavita Bhatnagar:
* Dr (Mrs)
Kavita Bhatnagar has been awarded Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM) with "A" grade by Symbiosis Institute of Management (SCDL), Pune. She completed project titled "Job satisfaction among
academician clinicians in Bharati Hospital" with distinction (81%).
DEPARTMENT OF ANAESTHESIOLOGY
Sessions chaired by faculty:
1. Dr. Mridul M Panditrao Chaired two free papers sessions in 56th Annual Conference of Indian Society of
Anaesthesiology ISACON 2008, Jodhpur. 26th- 29th Dec.
2. Dr. Minnu M Panditrao Chaired a Free Papers Session in 56th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Anaesthesiology ISACON 2008, Jodhpur. 26th- 29th Dec.
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Dr. Hemant Deshpande:
* Dr. Hemant Deshpande is nominated as Life Time Patron for WISDOM Karnataka State
Level Annual CME organized by RHUHS Bangalore
Dr. Hemant Deshpande Invited as guest speaker in following conferences
Wisdom 2008, karnataka state level pg cme selected as
Life time patron of wisdom
One minute method of cystocele repair
51st all india obstetrics & gynaecology conference aicog 2008
Management of prolapse in nulliparous women
International conf. On ovulation induction & endoscopy
International fertility congress
National conference on high risk pregnancy
Panelist for pregnancy and auto immune disorder & sle.
National conference on high risk pregnancy
Haemorrhage in pregnancy
West zone national obgy conf. Yuva fogsi
Uti in pregnancy
1st national conference on evidenced based medicine
Selecting right surgery for prolapse
Wisdom 2008 karnataka state cme
Awards received by the post graduate students in last one year
1. Dr. C. L. Jhaveri prize awarded at 51st all india national conference New Delhi january 2008 for case
presentation on an unusual case of ktws
Dr. Aritra pradhan
2. First prize awarded at 1st national conference on evidenced based medicine December 2008 for presentation on pulmonary function test in pregnancy
Dr. Shivani Sharma
3. Second prize awarded at national conference yuva fogsi kolhapur october 2008 for case presentation on vaginal vitamine c in bacterial vaginosis
Dr. Aritra pradhan
4. Second prize awarded at
national conference yuva fogsi kolhapur october 2008 for case presentation on vaginal vitamine c in bacterial vaginosis
Dr. Aritra pradhan
Source: www.dypatil-medical.com IndianFaculty 24/7/2011
Back to Faculty Achievements main page